Registration for UA Youth Football opens May 1, 2023.
We will have the following Leagues again this year:
- Flag Football
- Pre-K / K
- 1st / 2nd Grade
- Tackle Football
- 3rd / 4th Grade (Black League)
- 5th / 6th Grade (Gold League)
Important dates for this Fall will be updated on the calendar on the Home Page. Important information will include:
- Player Helmet / Equipment / Jersey Fitting (July 6 & 7)
- ALL players need to get fitted for their helmet, shoulder pads, pants & jerseys prior to the start of the season
- July 6, 5:00-8:00pm
- July 7, 5:00-8:00pm
- Tackle Player Evaluations (Northam Park, July 12 & 17)
- ALL players need to attend ONLY 1 evaluation session
- July 12, 6:00pm @ Northam Park (2070 Northam Rd, Columbus, OH 43221)
- July 17, 6:00pm @ Northam Park (2070 Northam Rd, Columbus, OH 43221)
- Team Assignments (July 21)
- Tackle League players will be assigned on July 21.
- You should expect an email the week of July 24 identifying your team and coaching staff.
- FLAG teams will be created in mid-August per the player requests during the registration process.
- Mandatory Coaches Meeting (July 10 & 30)
- If you are notified by the Board that you will be coaching during the 2023 season, you will need to attend the two mandatory Coaches Meetings on July 10 & July 30 at 8pm to review the rules and become certified by USA Football.
- Practices (First Practice, July 31)
- Tackle practices will start on Monday, July 31. The maximum time per practice is 90 minutes.
- The first two practices will be helmets only. Full padded practices will follow with limited contact as the players acclimate to full pads. Full contact scrimmages with other UA league teams will not be allowed until two full weeks of practice.
- After week 1, there is a maximum of 4 practices per week. ONE OF WHICH MUST BE HELMET ONLY.
- Tackle Football will have a maximum of 20 practices prior to the first game. All practices will be held at Northam Park.
- FLAG practices will be up to the discretion of the assigned coach but should not exceed 2x per week.
- Games (Sundays: September 3 – October 22)
- The first weekend of games is scheduled for Sunday, September 3 for both the Tackle and Flag Leagues with games scheduled through Sunday, October 22.
As should be expected, these dates are subject to change as we continue to monitor the state and local guidelines for youth contact sports.
UA Youth Football Board