To develop a youth football league unrivaled by any in the country, where our young men grow as sportsman, community leaders and fundamentally sound football players, through a culture devoted to high energy and positive reinforcement.
Registration for UA Youth Football opens May 1, 2022.
We will have the following Leagues again this year:
- Flag Football
- Pre-K / K
- 1st / 2nd Grade
- Tackle Football
- 3rd / 4th Grade (Black League)
- 5th / 6th Grade (Gold League)
Important dates for this Fall will be updated on the calendar on the Home Page. Important information will include:
- Player Helmet / Equipment / Jersey Fitting Days (Tremont Elementary School Gym, July 6 & 7)
- ALL players need to attend 1 of these sessions to get fitted for their helmet, shoulder pads, pants & jerseys
- July 6, 5:00-8:00pm @ Tremont Elementary School Gym (2900 Tremont Rd, Columbus, OH 43221)
- July 7, 5:00-8:00pm @ Tremont Elementary School Gym (2900 Tremont Rd, Columbus, OH 43221)
- Tackle Player Evaluations (Northam Park, July 12 & 18)
- ALL players need to attend 1 evaluation session
- July 12, 6:00pm @ Northam Park (2070 Northam Rd, Columbus, OH 43221)
- July 18, 6:00pm @ Northam Park (2070 Northam Rd, Columbus, OH 43221)
- Tackle Team Assignments (Week of July 24)
- Tackle League players will be assigned on July 24. You should expect an email the week of July 24 identifying your team and coaching staff.
- FLAG teams will be created in mid-August per the player requests during the registration process.
- Mandatory Coaches Meeting (TBD)
- If you are notified by the Board that you will be coaching during the 2022 season, you will need to attend the mandatory Coaches Meeting in July to review the rules and become certified by USA Football.
- Practices (First Week of August)
- Tackle practices will start the first week of August. The first week of practices will be helmets only. Full padded practices will begin the following week and will be limited contact as the players acclimate to full pads. Full contact practices/scrimmages with other UA league teams will not be allowed until two full weeks of practice.
- Tackle Football will have a maximum of 18 practices prior to the first game. All practices will be held at Northam Park.
- FLAG practices will be up to the discretion of the assigned coach but should not exceed 2x per week.
- Opening Day / Games Begin (September 11, 2022)
- The first weekend of games is scheduled for Sunday, September 11th at Northam Park for both the Tackle and Flag Leagues with games currently scheduled through Sunday, October 3oth.
As should be expected, these dates are subject to change as we continue to monitor the state and local guidelines for youth contact sports.
UA Youth Football Board